Authorities Liaison Officer
Your responsibilities as Authorities Liaison Officer
- To carry out duties in supervision of the local statutory authorities.
- Liaise with all Dubai Statutory Authorities such as and obtaining approvals and permits
- Develop good professional relationships with all concerned authorities
- Following and assist in the development of consistent internal processes and protocols associated with Statutory Authority approvals
- Preparing periodic reports of the status of approvals, procedures and requirements relevant to the issuance of approvals, NOC's and buildings permits
- Advise and give guidance to design team on any local authority regulations and design requirements that may affect projects undertaken
- Check design work is adequate for submission and collate submission material into the correct format in readiness for submission
- Timely follow-up and coordination the applications, designs whether in main office or online
- Providing comprehensive databases for the NOC's, approvals, installations and their statuses
- Regular interface with the project design team(s) to address issues related to any comments from local authority
- Prepare all Arabic correspondence and communicate with concerned local authorities and design and supervision teams
- Organize and attend regular meetings with local authority engineers to expedite review of any design submissions
- Assist with translation of regulations, correspondence from Arabic to English and vice versa as required
- Identifying any risks related to authority approval for projects and maintain risk tracker
You and your competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 5 years’ experience in this role from previous reputed consultancy company
- Advantageous to have knowledge in Computer Applications (AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office)
- Able to pass Dubai Municipality technical exam as an Architect
- Able to be registered and obtain a UAE Society of Engineers Membership
- Must have relevant experience in Buildings and Infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of Dubai Building regulations/codes and experience in dealing with local authority programs, systems and online procedures
- Excellent Verbal and written communication in Arabic and English
- Ability to communicate feedback from the Authorities to the Design Team and ability to present to Design work to Authorities in an authoritative and clear manner
- Possess valid UAE driving licence.
- Collaborative team player
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 13,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.