Design Engineer - PHE - MEP
Job posting title
REC –Design Engineer - PHE - MEP
Your responsibilities as Design Engineer
Design Engineer shall co-ordinate with Project Manager and Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings. Expected to be a good team player within the design team, the Senior Design Engineer will:
- Manage major aspects of the Plumbing / Public Health Engineering design of projects.
- Be responsible to both the Project Manager and the Technical Manager/Principal Engineer for the organization, production, and quality of the supervised work.
- Act as Plumbing / Public Health Lead/Sub-lead, depending on the scope of the project.
- Direct the activities of other junior engineers / technicians on projects.
- Coordinate design efforts with all other groups, and maintain project records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
- Prepare and participate in design reviews.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Calculation of Water Demand
- Calculation of Hot & Cold Water (including circulation), flow calculation, calculations, distribution systems (sizing, valves, pumps etc.), water heating systems, water storage systems
- Design of drainage system in the buildings gravity & pumped solutions.
- Design and Calculation of Hot water distribution System in the Building: Distribution pipes, Pumps, Heat exchangers, Mixing loops, Material selection, Flow calculations, Pressure calculation, Pipe sizing, Control valves, stop valves, pipe insulation.
- Solar Water heating system design.
- Design and Calculation of Cold System in the Building: Distribution pipes, Pumps,Mixing loops, Material selection, Flow calculations, Pressure calculation, Pipe sizing, Control valves, stop valves, pipe insulation
- Design of water purification plant, including filtration, softening plus chlorination.
- Design and Calculation of Fire Water in the Building : Automatic sprinkler systems design, Fire hoses, Wet & Dry Risers.
- Grey / Black Water recycling system/plant design.
- Borehole water system design.
You and your competencies
- Must possess B.Tech/ M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4 to 8 years of professional experience in plumbing & drainage system design.
- Must possess the ability to develop complex designs, drawings and calculations with minimal guidance from other senior staff
- Should have knowledge of any soft wares such as IES , TEKNOsim (RSE), Hevacomp (RME, RUK), Trane/Trace 700 (RME), HAP (RME), (RDK)
- Should have experience in working in Middle East and UK with detailed knowledge of regional standards & regulations; and candidates interested in working with the Nordics
- Must possess Public Health Engineering experience in the engineering service sectors including Hotel, Office, Residential, Commercial, sports facilities, healthcare facilities.
- Should be passionate about engineering with an attitude of absolute intolerance for non-compliance in relation to people safety, environment or product quality.
- Should have flexible attitude, in an environment with frequently changing deadlines and can be relied on to meet deadlines.
- Should be committed to both their work and personal development, with a willingness to widen their experience and knowledge base.
- Must possess professional English language skills (written and verbal).
- Should be able to communicate clearly with drafting team by sketches.
- Should be able to work in a team and support, mentor and develop junior engineers
Join the REC team
REC is a world class, innovation driven engineering design centre owned by an independent trust and its employees. REC is a highly sophisticated centre of engineering excellence and based in our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Ramboll Engineering Centre (REC) is a centre for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact recruitment lead.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Please send your application at the earliest.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company globally with especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. We employ 13,000 experts and we constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower people within our organisation, welcome individual differences and create multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, Oil & Gas, Telecoms and Management Consulting.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.