We are seeking a Civil Engineer to join our busy civil structures team here in our Southampton office.
Due to continuing growth we are seeking to recruit a civil designer, to assist in the implementation, and procurement of our exciting projects.
You will be joining a large team of committed and self-driven professionals in a company with ambitious growth plans which is at the forefront of engineering excellence and that is responsible for some of the most interesting projects in the UK and overseas. Located in Southampton, we offer an opportunity to work within our busy Civil Structures team, with great training and development opportunities.
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and manage work on projects or programmes.
- Perform complex analysis using computer modelling; making, reading, and interpreting technical material.
- Apply judgement in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques.
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation.
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements for projects.
- Attend team meetings providing feedback on your/company development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
- Understanding of the company business plan, and assistance with the preparation of the team business plan, current and future priorities, and of specific objectives which are applicable to own role and project work.
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience from a multi-disciplinary environment, working on D&B/ECI contracts
- Marine experience is preferable but not essential
- Design experience in concrete or steel bridges
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge Microsoft applications
- Degree in Civil engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng
- Flexible attitude
- Adaptable to an environment with frequently changing demands
- Successful in meeting tight deadlines
- Committed team player
- Willing to develop both professionally and personally with an inclination to widen their knowledge, skills and experience.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays (Pro rated), private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.